We are rapidly approaching a zero-interest rate world. Interest rates are being driven to zero (or below zero in many cases) as a first-line tool for central banks to generate economic activity in the face of the dramatic negative impact of the pandemic, as well as existing and lingering economic fallout. This toolbox will be empty soon, and the only remaining weapon will be fiscal policy. Among other things, fiscal policy and domestic financial markets will have an overwhelming influence on global currencies. Capital flows will dramatically impact currency volatility as capital moves to more attractive countries with more liquid and robust asset markets.
- Currency Values in a Zero Interest Rate World
- Define the Problem or You won’t Solve Anything
- Portfolio Strategy
- AI Does Not Live Up to the Hype
- Technology and Turmoil
- Medical Intelligence
- Pandemic Time
- An Unprecedented (every ten years or so) Event
- The biological revolution
- A New and Different Credit Crisis
- Distributed Machine Learning Can Bring Healthcare Breakthroughs
- AI, Medicine and…Quantum Cryptography?