Cryptocurrency staying power has certainly been challenged these last few weeks. There is been a general market drop (even correction), but crypto has been collapsing in value and, to many, is in a death spiral. Of course, reality is more nuanced, and with more detailed analysis, a broad brush hardly seems appropriate. Certainly, the weakest and, honestly, craziest portions of the crypto world have been exposed to be nothing more than silliness. But some components remain resilient. The market is quite effective at sorting the specifics of an otherwise overgeneralized sector. There is no such thing as “crypto.” There are stable and valuable digital assets, globally exchangeable and disruptive. Others have nothing but fluff. Of course, government should insist on more reliable information, and institutions should guard more effectively against fraud. But, there is wheat among the chaff, and it continues to have the potential to be disruptive, create substantial value, and enhance global prosperity.
- The Ten Year Horizon: Volatile, Intense, and Mostly Harmless
- Digital Assets, Central Banks, and Regulators
- A New Vision for Artificial Intelligence
- The Next Ten Years
- Predictions and Nonsense
- A Monster Is on the Loose
- Does the Future Need Us?
- A Solution and a Sideshow
- Innovation is Essential and a Misguided Sideshow
- Think Differently and Better
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Metaverse
- A Better Investment Strategy – Data, Discipline, and Rigor